But, we also know that people in addiction neglect their diet. They don’t realise what’s happening to their bodies and a poor diet can contribute to a worsening downward spiral.
So, a good diet is key to recovery and better health overall. However, with so many ‘experts’ now selling the best diet for different goals it’s hard to know what you should or shouldn’t be eating for your health.
In our Be Well and Stay Well courses, we aim to make nutrition clear and simple by giving you the tools and knowledge you need to choose and build your own diet to meet your personal health and fitness goals.
During the weekly sessions on each course we will cover important topics such as:
• calories and energy balance
• the role and importance of different foods in our diet
• vitamins and minerals and whether we really need to take supplements
• forming better habits around food and nutrition
• food myths and how to spot them
You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about food. And don’t worry… No question is silly!