- 250g Lean Turkey Mince (or you can use pre made
For the Sauce:
- 40g Tomato Puree30ml Light Soy Sauce
- 15ml Rice Wine Vinegar
- 10ml Fish Sauce
- 30g Clear Honey
- 5g Chilli Paste/Puree
- 5g Cornflour mixed with 2 tsp water
For the Vegetable Stir Fried Rice:
- 1 Pack Microwave Long Grain Rice
- 50g Broccoli Florets (or use tender stem broccoli)
- 50g Baby Corn
- 50g Mange Tout
- 50g Chestnut Mushrooms, Sliced
- 15ml Light Soy Sauce
- 5g Garlic Puree
Energy – 505 kcals
Carbs – 65g
Fats – 10g
Protein – 34g
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Divide the turkey mince into 10 equal portions and roll
into balls. You can use pre made meat balls for this.
- Spray an oven proof dish with a little oil and place the
meatballs in the dish and put in the oven for 20 minutes
(or until browned and cooked through). You need to turn
them half way through.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a small pan and mix well.
Place on a medium heat and bring up to a simmer
before turning the heat down low and allow to thicken.
Keep an eye on this, stirring regularly! (You can add a
splash of water if it becomes too thick, just don’t let it
- Heat a large frying pan/wok and stir fry the veg until
starting to soften. Add the garlic puree and mix through
before removing the veg and setting aside.
- Once the meat balls are ready, remove from the oven
and place into the sauce mixing through gently. Turn the
heat right down and leave for a few minutes while you
finish the rice.
- Open the unheated microwave rice and pour into a
bowl. Break up any clumps.
- In a hot large frying pan, add 1 tsp of oil and add the rice.
Stir quickly to heat through for 1 or 2 minutes before
adding the cooked veg. Stir through again.
- Add the soy sauce and mix well before serving up in
large bowls with the meatballs served over the top with
the chilli sauce.