- 4 eggs
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 Bacon Medallions (I like to use smoked)
- 1/2 Red pepper, diced
- 2 or 3 spring onions
- 50g Mushrooms, sliced
- 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
(depending on the size of your muffin tin)
(based on making 6)
Energy – 84 kcals
Carbs – 3g
Fats – 4g
Protein – 9g
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and heat a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Spray the frying pan with oil and fry the peppers, mushrooms and spring onions until slightly softened (about 2 minutes).
- Beat the eggs in a jug with the milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Spray the muffin tin with a little oil and divide the peppers, mushrooms and spring onions among the spaces.
- Divide the egg mixture among the spaces and add a little of the cheese on each one.
- Put into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the muffins have puffed up and are golden on top.
- Serve on their own, or with a salad. They are also tasty cold and can be made the day before for a breakfast on the go!