- 500g 5% beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 10g garlic puree
- 40g tomato puree
- 500g Passata
- 120g broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 200g sweet potato diced (1cm cubes)
- 120g Red lentils
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 beef stock pot in 150ml boiling water
- 200g dried pasta (penne)
- 60g reduced fat cheese (grated)
- 20g freshly grated parmesan
Energy – 630 kcals
Carbs – 74g
Fats – 14g
Protein – 50g
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and preheat the
oven to 190C (fan).
- Fry the onions in a pan with a spray of oil until soft and
starting to brown.
- Add the mince and cook till brown.
- Add the tomato and garlic purée, cook for a minute.
- Add the passata, potato, broccoli lentils, basil,
Worcestershire sauce and stock to the pan. Stir to mix
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile cook pasta for 10 minutes then drain well and
add to the sauce mix.
- Put in an oven proof dish. (10×8 inches)
- Top with the two cheeses, cover in foil and cook for 15
mins covered and 15 minutes uncovered (or until top is
Serve with green veg of your choice, or a tasty side salad.